NEWS


Well it's been a long time since I started this blog and then stopped!!  A lot has changed with my business.  I moved home last year to a more central location at the top of Cosham making me more accessible to people from Portsmouth and the surrounding areas.  This move also enabled me to create a new counselling room outside of the house, so clients are no longer greeted by my large over enthusiastic Labrador who thinks all visitors are arriving to see her!  My new space has been given the seal of approval by existing clients who made the move with me and new clients have told me that the room is cosy, welcoming and peaceful.  I work extremely hard to help clients feel comfortable, as the counselling process can be a daunting prospect and I believe a safe and calm environment plays an important part in facilitating the process.  Having my own space has also enabled me to begin a monthly group for Counsellors for professional development.  These changes have been exciting for me and I am enjoying being able to offer flexible appointment times and make good use of my counselling skills. 

I have noticed a surge in people seeking private counselling as sadly some charitable organisations are struggling or have closed.  Also through Princes William and Harry sharing their own personal experience with regard to the loss of their mother, people are realising that counselling is a good thing.  Their openness will hopefully go a long way in helping to reduce the stigma of mental health issues.  If you sprained your ankle, you wouldn't hesitate to seek assistance from a health professional to get treatment.  We need to apply the same process to our mental health.  If we are struggling, it's ok to seek professional help and support.

Comments

Popular Posts